… and a very warm welcome to my dog blog. I’m so pleased that you’ve found me. I do hope you will enjoy reading about the trials and tribulations of my great adventure. I would love it if you joined in the saga by dropping me a line in the comments box. As you will see I’m going to need all the support I can get.
this my v. v. v big tail!
I started my blog in 2015 as a young orphan puppy, from West Cumbria in the United Kingdom. It records how – by walking over 1,000 miles and climbing the 282 Scottish mountains over 3.000 feet (The Munros) – I aim to raise £32,000 for two v. v. v good causes. I have promised not to use any of the dosh for even a tiny morsel of a treat, how hard is that? Me, an agile young collie and my person – a creaky aging thing (called B) – aim to complete the task by the time I am 10 and she is 70. We are to spend many hours in some of the most wonderful and remote parts of the UK: walking, camping, eating, drinking, writing and growing ever closer and closer.
This is our story from a canine perspective for a change.
The human story is very slow, but you can try to access it here and join the group:
The money we raise will be spilt between a charity for search and rescue dogs, and Canine Partners, which trains assistance dogs to support disabled people. These dogs are sooooooo clever. This is Bumble and Sandra’s story. I am in love with Bumble.
There are film clips of the clever canines at work below. If after watching them you think what amazing creatures we dogs really are, and you wanted to support their work, you could always drop me a penny or two for my fundraising, just here :
Please join in the chat, by adding your thoughts below and become part of the adventure. It will give me encouragement and I’m going to need it, by the bucket full
By the bye, all my blog posts are here, on my home page, but I have other more specific pages. You just need to click a mouse (ouch!), on the menu below my lovely photo at the top, to access them:
- Ben Speak – Understand the dogisms, and the odd philosophical musing in my blog.
- Ben’s Annual Reviews – A summary of my little world, one post per year.
- Ben’s Reads – My gift of reading just for you, in my recommended reads.
- Ben’s Team – A slide show of those in commerce giving me a paw up.
- Ben, The Dog Poet – check out my back log of verse and doggerel.
- Constitution/Donate/Contact – Check out my credentials, donate, or contact me.
- Doggy Dementia – Ben’s top tips – Written in tribute to our old girl, to help others.
- Munro Posts – All my Munro posts, copied and arranged in chronological order from the start to finish, in one place.
One last thing. Check out the comments here to see good luck wishes from the famous: Roy Hattersley and people associated with Julia Bradbury and Elton John 🙂
That was hard work, Need sleep.
Love Ben xx